Nowadays, “Image processing” is normally used by a wide range of applications and in different types of electronics like computers, digital cameras, mobile phones, etc. The image properties can be changed with the least investment such as contrast enhancement, borders detection, intensity measurement & apply different mathematical functions to enhance the imagery. Even though these methods can be very influential, the consumer frequently controls images with the dump, but understanding the fundamental values behind the effortless image processing routine is rare. Though this may be suitable for some persons, it frequently leads to a picture that is extensively corrupted. In this article, we will discuss the basics of image processing and digital image processing projects using MATLAB, Python, etc.
What is Image Processing?
The method of image processing is used to do some processes on a picture like an image enhancement or to remove some functional data from the image. Image processing is one kind of signal processing where the input is a picture, as well as the output, are features or characteristics allied with the image.
At the present time, the image processing technique is highly used across different industries, which is used to form core investigate regions in engineering as well as in different disciplines too. Basically, the step by step image processing steps is discussed below.
- Click the image using digital cameras;
- Studying and operating the image;
- The output of the image can be changed based on the analysis of the image.
Image processing can be done by using two methods namely analog image processing as well as digital-image-processing. The primary image processing (analog) technique is employed for photographs, printouts. Etc. Image analyst uses different basics of understanding while using some of the image techniques. The secondary image processing (Digital) technique will assist in digital image analysis by using a PC.
1). Raspberry Pi based Ball Tracing Robot
This project is used to build a robot for ball tracing using Raspberry Pi. Here this robot utilizes a camera for capturing the images, as well as to perform image processing for tracking the ball. This project uses a raspberry pi camera module as a microcontroller for tracing the ball and allows the Python code for image analysis.
2). Surveillance Checking with Android Phone
This project is very useful for monitoring public places like offices, homes, using an Android app. By using this one can capture the images, monitor and record the live streaming videos.
The proposed system requires a power supply, a Raspberry Pi, Pi camera, and an android phone. And also an linux for Raspberry Pi & configuring of camera files. The video can be recorded with the help of motion software where the motion is present in the room.
3). Forgery Detection of Medical Image
This project is used in the healthcare system for fake image recognition to confirm that the image is associated with the medical image or not.
The working principle of this project is on a noise chart of an image, uses a multi-resolution failure filter, and gives the output to the classifiers like extreme learning and support vector.
The noise-map is formed in a boundary computing source, as the while the classification and filtering are completed in a core cloud-computing source. Similarly, this project works effortlessly. The requirement of bandwidth is also very reasonable for this project.
4). Identification of Human Act by Image Processing
This project is used to identify the human act by image processing in real-time, and the main intention is to communicate the identified gestures using the camera system.
This system starts on recognizing the human act given in the database as it transmits the activate signs to the camera arrangement for recording & storing the video stream in the system.
The process of pattern matching is utilized to now actions from the recorded video outline straight. The image from the video is intern evaluates by the database and finally, the o/p will get.
IEEE Digital Image Processing Projects
The technique of digital image processing is used to enhance the quality of an image by applying arithmetical operations. The projects based on image processing mainly involves image modification & two-dimensional signal identification & improving it by contrasting with a normal signal. The lists of IEEE digital image processing projects for engineering students include the following.
- Moving Vehicles Fast & Strong Detection in Aerial Videos with Sliding Windows
- Removal of Haze for Underwater Images based on Contrast & Improvement of Color using the Fusion Method.
- Face Recognition based Image Set with Simultaneous Feature & Dictionary Learning
- Analytics of Video for Monitoring of Traffic
- Analysis & Detection of Infant Cry
- WSNs based Palms Efficient Protection from RPW Larvae
- Recognition of Gait through Active Energy Image & Gabor wavelet
- Recognition of Human Activity through Neural Networks
- Detection of Lung Cancer with Digital Image Processing Over CT Scan Images
- Polynomial Interpolation based Compression of Fractal Image
- Hybrid Clustering Technique based Segmentation of Brain Tumor
- The fusion of Image in Medical Field through SVD Combining & Transform of Shearlet
- Pixel-Level &Feature Level Comparison using Image Fusion Techniques
- Classification of Flower through Neural Network based Image Processing
- The fusion of Image in Medical Field using Joint Sparse Technique
- A fusion of Satellite Image with Quick Discrete Curvelet Transforms
- Lossless Compression Method for Image with Combination Techniques
- Screening of Retinal Disease using Local Binary Patterns
- Rice Grains Grading through Image Processing
- Rice Grains Quality Evaluation through Morphological Techniques
Image Processing Projects using MATLAB
MATLAB or matrix laboratory is a high-level programming language that allows you to execute computationally demanding tasks quicker than with other programming languages like C, CPP, etc. But MATLAB is very to understand and useful for quick numerical matrix calculations. The following image processing projects are based on the concept of MATLAB.
1). Currency Identification System
The identification of different countries’ currency is very difficult. The main intention of this project is to help citizens to resolve this problem. But, currency identification systems are based on image analysis and are completely not enough.
The process of this project makes automatic as well as strong, and this system uses as an example of the Chinese renminbi (RMB) and Sweden SEK to demonstrate the techniques.
2). Intelligent Traffic Light Control using Image Processing
Day by day the traffic issue has become a major problem in India due to the rising number of motor vehicles. For this reason, one has to utilize the traffic signals which can do the real-time checking of compactness of traffic. This project employs an arrangement of image processing for controlling the traffic in an easy way by capturing images of traffic at crossroads. A step-by-step procedure for changing the duration of the traffic light depends on the traffic density of crossroads at a traffic signal.
). Image Slider using MATLAB
The image slider project is used to control the wallpapers with the hand’s motion using MATLAB. This task can be completed by combining a number of functions.
This project uses a webcam to capture the image, and if the image has a consistent background then the result will be false. So we have to maintain the background consistently. The applications of this project mainly include home appliance control, home appliances, etc.
4). Automatic Vehicle Parking System
Nowadays, there are many cities worldwide facing a lot of problems with vehicle parking due to less availability of parking places, high land prices, etc. To overcome this issue here is a solution namely an automatic car parking system.
The proposed system is used in public places like hotels, offices, theatres, homes, hospitals, stadiums, airports, etc. There are several advantages by using this system such as it occupies less space, takes less time for taking as well as delivering the car, safety, and security for the vehicle from thefts.
MATLAB based Image Processing Projects
The term MATLAB stands for MATrix LABoratory and it is the 4th generation programming language. This programming language permits functions, matrix manipulations, data plotting, creation of user interface, implementation of algorithms, etc. This language is used in the applications of image processing, research institutes, etc The list of MATLAB based image processing projects is listed below.
- Recognition of License Plate through Image Processing & MATLAB
- Recognition of Face Emotion in Real-Time using MATLAB
- Detection of Drowsy Driver in Real-Time with MATLAB
- Recognition of Handwriting with MATLAB & Image Processing
- MATLAB based Detection of Kidney Stone
- MATLAB based Verification of Signature
- Compression of Color Image using MATLAB
- MATLAB based Classification of Image Category
- MATLAB based Detection of Skin Cancer
- Marking System of Attendance using Image Processing & MATLAB
- Detection of Liver Tumor using MATLAB
- IRIS Segmentation using MATLAB Code
- Detection of Skin Disease using MATLAB
- Low-Cost Platform Design & Implementation for Diagnostic Imaging in Real-Time with MATLAB
- Biometric Sensing System with Unimodal & Multimodal with MATLAB
- MATLAB based Fix‐point Aspect Analysis for Infrastructure Systems Wirelessly with MATLAB
- Mobile Phone Camera-based Light Communications with MATLAB
- Modeling of Perspective Distortion within Face Images & Library for Object Tracking with MATLAB
- Controlling of Intelligent Traffic Light with MATLAB & Image Processing
- Controlling of Pests in Agriculture Field with Image Processing & MATLAB
Image Processing Projects using Python
Python is a high-level programming language and its typical library is huge as well as comprehensive. The following projects are based on the digital image processing of Python.
1). Text Recognition in Images by Python
Text recognition of an image is a very useful step to get the recovery of multimedia content. The proposed system is used to detect the text in images automatically and remove horizontally associated text with difficult backgrounds.
This project is based on applications like a color decrease technique, a technique for edge recognition, as well as the localization of text areas and geometrical belongings. The text on the image contains very useful information for different types of documents.
The removal of text from an image is a difficult job. The text is detected and is extracted for the readers without any trouble. This project uses a quick text localization technique for all the achievable edges in the image.
-Thus, this is all about digital image processing project topics, image processing using Matlab, and Python. There are several IEEE papers on image processing that are available in the market, and the applications of image processing involved in medical, enhancement and restoration, image transmission, processing of image color, the vision of a robot, etc. Here is a question for you, what are the steps involved in digital image processing?