If you are quite seasoned with the DIY electronics world, you can opt to buy the discrete electronic components you require for your projects.
However if you’re new to the hobbyist world, and you wish to learn about hobby-grade electronics and microcontrollers, it is highly recommended to purchase integrated electronic component kits, as it would provide you with all the essential components required to help you get started with basic projects.
Moreover, from a financial standpoint, it might be more beneficial to buy an integrated kit as opposed to getting all of the components individually.
TYPES OF ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS
What are the basic electronic components?
Basic Electronics Components are
- Transistors Power Sources
- DC Power generators like Batteries
- Power Outlet and power bricks Measurement Devices and Troubleshooting
- Digital Oscilloscope
Active and passive electronic components
- Passive Components: Components that do not require an external source for their operation are called Passive Components. Examples include, resistors, capacitors and inductors
- Active Components: Components that require an external source for their operation are called Active Components. Examples include, diode, transistors, SCRs, etc