The term LDR is known by many names such as a resoster, photoresistor, photoconductor, the photocell. The term photocell is most widely used in datasheets as well as instruction sheets for domestic gear. The light-dependent resistor is a low-cost photosensitive element and was used in photographic light meters as well as in various applications like flame detectors, card readers smoke detectors, burglar detectors, and lighting control in street lamps. This article discusses bout LDR projects for engineering students.
LDR Projects for Engineering Students
Project work for students helps to enhance technical skills in engineering. There are various branches in which students can develop the projects. In our daily life, we may observe various sensors based on projects such as LDR based automatic lighting system at outdoors, an Ultrasonic sensor-based automatic water tank system, PIR sensor-based automatic door system, a heat sensor-based automatic cooler or fan or air conditioning system, and so on. Here a few innovative LDR sensor-based projects for engineering students with a brief description are discussed below.
Security System Controlled by an Electronic Eye
The main aim of this project is to design a security system controlled by an electronic eye. This project uses a photo-sensing arrangement so, it uses a 14 stage ripple carry binary counter to detect the intensity of light using a light-dependent resistor. The o/p of the LDR makes a relay to give an alert for necessary action. This project mainly uses an LDR sensor.
When the light falls on the LDR, its resistance extremely falls which leads to activating an alarm to the user. This project is suitable for providing a friendly security system for lockers, cash boxes which can be found where security is required like banks, shopping malls, jeweler shops.
The circuit of this security system is placed in the locker or cash box in such a way that, when the burglar unlocks the locker and using a torch it finds the valuable things. When the light drops on the LDR then it gives an indication to the ripple counter.
The circuit is placed inside the cash box in such a way that, when the burglar opens the locker and uses a torchlight to find the valuables, the light falls on the circuit which contains an electronic eye (LDR) and gives a signal to the ripple counter. This activates the alarm and specifies a robbery attempt. Here, a lamp is used to specify the theft when the light drops on the light-dependent resistor.
Dusk to Dawn Lighting Switch
The dusk to dawn lighting switch project is used where the light will continue on only from sunrise to sunset (dusk to dawn).
Nowadays, the electricity cost is very high and it is advisable to use electricity carefully. The applications of this project mainly include where more electricity is required in the night time like highways, complexes, colleges, parks, and industries. The proposed system gives a solution for these applications and automatically the lights will be on at sunset and turn off at sunrise. So, conserving money, energy, human interference is also excluded.
Time Programmed Sun Tracking Solar Panel
This project uses a solar panel which is fixed to a stepper motor to track the sun so that full sunlight is made incident upon the solar panel at any time of the day. This is best compared to the light detecting method that may not always be correct.
The solar panel is used to convert solar energy to electrical energy is very famous, but due to the moving of the sun from east to west, the solar panel may not be able to produce ideal energy. To overcome this problem, this project is implemented to track the sun using a solar panel.
The list of LDR project ideas for engineering students is listed below.
- LDR based Light Detector
- Solar Tracker using LDR Automatically
- Op-amp & LDR based Light Detector
- Smart Bulb Holder using LDR
- LDR& Transistors based Light Detector
- LDR based Darkness Detecting
- LDR based Pocket Synth
- LDR based Lamp Circuit for Backyard
- IoT testing of Mbed using LDR
- LED Lighting in Aquarium using LDR
- LDR based pot
- Laser Piano using LDR
- Battery Protector of Emergency Lamp
- Light Switch Circuit for Automatic Parking using LDR
- Gate Lamp Circuit using LDR
- MicroSynth using LDR
- LDR based Garage Light
- LDR based Sensor Stick
- Appliance Switch Controlled by Hand Gesture using LDR
- LDR based Monitoring of Environment
- Alarm Circuit for Refrigerator using LDR
- Controlling of Street Light using LDR
- Emergency Mini LED Light Circuit
- Starburst using LDR
- Solar Lights Circuit in Outdoor Garden
- Flashing LED using LDR
- Switch Circuit of Pole Light using LDR
- Desk Lamp for PC using LDR
- LDR based Voltage Stabilizer
- Siren Circuit Activated by Light
- Relay Circuit Operated through Light
- Switch Activated through Light using LDR
- Charger circuit using LDR
- Automatic Street Light Circuit using LDR
- LDR based Automatic Lawn Light
- Alarm Circuit for Light using LDR
- LED Lights Circuit for Christmas using LDR
- Luxmeter Design using LDR
- Light Sensor Circuit using LDR & Arduino
- LED Fading with Arduino Uno & LDR
- LED Brightness Control Circuit with LDR & Passive Components
- LDR Sensor with Arduino Uno
- Visitor Counter using LDR
- LDR based Automatic Lamp in Night
- LDR & Transistor-based Light Sensor & Darkness Detector Circuit
- LDR based Current Variation
- LDR & Relays based Street Light Controlling
- CD4027 & LDR based Wireless Switch Circuit
- Security System Controlled by an Electronic Eye using LDR
- Digital Object Counter using LDR
- Fence Circuit for Light through Alarm
- LDR based Smart Electronic Candle
- Arduino Mood Light Controlled by Smart Phone through Alarm
- Real-Time Oscilloscope based on LDR & Arduino
- Power LED Auto Intensity Control with LDR & Arduino
- Lighting Device Circuit with Simple Keyhole
- Color Mixing Lamp with Arduino, LDR & RGB LED
- LDR based Arduino Light Sensor
- Emergency Light using Raspberry Pi with Darkness & Detecting of AC Power Line Off
- Sun Tracking Solar Panel Using Arduino
- Alarm Circuit for Laser Security using LDR
- LDR &AVR Microcontroller based Measurement of Light Intensity
- Indicator Circuit for Dark & Light using LDR
- 555 Timer & LDR based Detection of Dark
- Staircase Light using LDR Automatically
- Dark Detector using LDR and 555 Timer IC
- An Efficient & Intelligent Light Control System Design
- Power Failure & Fuse Indicator using LDR
- White LEDs & LDR based Twi-light
- Electronics Counter using LDR
- Door Guard using LDR
- LDR & Thermistor based Fire Alarm
- Twilight Switch based Flashing Light
- Interruption Counter using IR & LDR
- LDR based Controlling of Dual Motor in Robots
- LDR based Sunset Lamp
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.