MAX232 is a communication IC. It is used to convert TTL Signals to RS232 Signal and vice versa. MAX232 provides RS-232 voltage level outputs (approx. ± 7.5 V) from a single + 5 V supply via on-chip charge pumps and external capacitors. This makes it useful for implementing RS-232 in devices that otherwise do not need any voltages outside the 0 V to + 5 V range, as power supply design does not need to be made more complicated just for driving the RS-232 in this case.
88 in stock
- Operate from Single +5V Power Supply (+5V and +12V—MAX231/MAX239)
- Low-Power Receive Mode in Shutdown (MAX223/MAX242)
- Meet All EIA/TIA-232E and V.28 Specifications
- Multiple Drivers and Receivers
- 3-State Driver and Receiver Outputs