1N5408 Power Diode
A diode is a device which allows current flow through only one direction. That is the current should always flow from the Anode to cathode. The cathode terminal can be identified by using a grey bar as shown in the picture above.
The b is called a power diode because of its high forward current and reverse voltage with a power dissipation of 6.25W. For 1N5408 Diode, the maximum current carrying capacity is 3A it withstand peaks up to 200A. Hence we can use this in circuits that are designed for less than 3A. The reverse current is 10uA which is negligible. These diodes have a slow recovery time so in modern electronics it is being replaced by other advanced diodes.
54 in stock
- Average forward current is 3A
- Forward Voltage drop is 1V @3A
- Non-repetitive Peak current is 200A
- Peak Reverse current is 10uA.
- Repetitive reverse voltage is 1000V
- Available in DO-201 Package